Here at Connemara Lettings HQ we are always looking for healthy and tasty food options for our lunches (we do like to treat ourselves sometimes too with Samantha’s fabulous baking skills). As the weather is getting colder we wanted something to warm us up! These lunches are quick and easy to make and are simply delicious. As it is autumn (I personally love all the autumn colours), we decided to go with an autumn themed lunch option with a pumpkin soup and carrot and apple porridge bread. The soup was quick and easy to make and was really filling, that coupled with the porridge bread and we were fully energised to get on with the rest of our busy day! As sharing is caring we want to share our lunch ideas with all of you lovely people so enjoy!!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions finely chopped
- 1kg pumpkin peeled, deseeded and chopped
- 700ml vegetable stock
- 150 ml double cream(optional)
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large saucepan, gently cook the onions for 5 mins.
- Add pumpkin and cook for another 10 mins stirring in-between.
- Add vegetable stock along with some salt and pepper, bring to the boil and then let simmer for a further 10 mins until soft.
- Add cream and bring to the boil again.
- Remove from heat and purée with a hand blender.
- Natural yogurt (500g)
- Porridge oats
- 1 carrot
- 1 apple
- 1 clove of garlic
- Put the full tub of yogurt into a bowl
- Refill the empty yogurt pot with porridge oats twice and add to the yogurt
- Grate the carrot, apple and clove of garlic and add to the mixture
- Put in half a teaspoon of paprika and mix well
- Grease a loaf tin and add the mixture
- Place in the oven at gas mark 6 and bake for 20-25 mins