Our Rating: 4.0 out of 5.0 stars
Spacious two bedroom cottage with all modern amenities which provides guests with a comfortable, relaxed and cosy stay. Perfect base to explore Connemara. Plenty of scenic walks on your doorstep and beaches only minutes away.
Tishmeain Beach is within a 15 Minute walk from the property and Coral Strand is approximately a 7 minute drive from the property. Carraroe Village is a short 2.2 km from the property. An astro turf football pitch and playground can be found in the village for the kids.
Spacious open plan kitchen / living room with white marble tiled floors.
Dining table to seat up to 6 people.
Two, 2 seater couches, flat screen TV with Free to air and Soarview channels.
Bedroom 1: Double bedroom with walk-in wardrobe and TV
Bedroom 2: Double room with 2 single beds which can be converted into a double bed if required.
Main bathroom with separate shower and bath.
Small office perfect for anyone working from home with desk and office chair.
The large property which can be seen on the same grounds at Tishmeain House is not occupied, guests will have full use of surrounding grounds.
Carraroe is set along the rugged coastline of the Wild Atlantic Way, just West of Galway City. Carraroe is Ireland’s largest Gaeltacht region, where Irish is the first language of the areas inhabitants! You might even pick up a “cupla focal”!
Carraroe has the best of both worlds as it close to both Connemara and Galway City so it is the ideal location if you want to tour the rugged landscape of Connemara but want to be close to Galway City for shopping and its nightlife.
• Carraroe Village has shops, pubs, eateries, a chemist and a playground
• Carraroe is only an hour’s drive (42 km) from Galway City via a stunning Atlantic Ocean sea drive, perfect opportunity to take photos of the stunning scenery! You can also take the 424 bus from Carraroe to Galway City
• Carraroe is 59 Km from Clifden Town, the Capital of Connemara
• There are lovely sheltered coves and beaches to be found in Carraroe, perfect for swimming, fishing and sunbathing. The area is most famous for its blue flag coral strand, Tra An Doilin. The beach is life guarded throughout the bathing season
• Quite little country roads, make Carraroe the perfect area for enjoying peaceful walks in the tranquil countryside
• Carraroe is your ideal base if you wish to go Island Hopping to the Aran Islands because of its close proximity to Rossaveal Harbour (8 km) where the ferries depart daily from and is within 16km to the air field where regular flights to the Aran Islands are offered by Aer Arann.
• Further angling opportunities are available in Carraroe at Loughaunwillin (Carraroe Lough), just North of Carraroe Village. This lake holds a big stock of wild trout
• Charter a yacht with Bees Nees Sailing Charters and spend a day on the high seas! The ample deck space and seating area means it can be chartered for a range of different activities such as fishing, snorkelling, diving, island hopping, wildlife and bird spotting to name but a few. Call 091-595036 or 087-1378390
• The Féile an Dóilín, maritime festival, takes place annually on the shores of Carraroe. The festival celebrates the regions rich maritime history and takes place every August Bank Holiday weekend
• The Galway Hookers Regattas take place all throughout the summer and the races are held in Galway – Bádóiri an Chladaigh – and all over South Connemara: Rossaveel, Spiddal, Kilkieran, Lettermullan, Carraroe, Rosmuc, Cashel, Roundstone and two of the Aran Islands (Inishmore and Inishmaan).
• Connemara Isles 9 Hole Golf Club is a 15 minute drive (12 km) from Carraroe. This distinctive island course offers a unique opportunity to play golf on the edge of the Atlantic Ocean while enjoying the breathtaking views of Cill Chiaráin Bay, Cnoc Leitir Móir and Cnoc Mordáin.
• Knockillaree Riding Centre in Oughterard is within 31kms and offers trekking, pony camps and lessons for those interested in spending the day with a Connemara Pony exploring the Lough Corrib and beautiful hills and moutains.
• Why not visit Teach an Phiarsaigh? The small cottage that was home of the 1916 Easter Rising Leader, Patrick Pearse. It is based in Rosmuc Village, 26 Km from Carraroe
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON ACTIVITIES AND EVENTS IN AND AROUND THE CONNEMARA AREA, PLEASE BROWSE THE “THINGS TO DO” SECTION ON OUR WEBSITE
- We stayed at Tishmeain House during July 2021 and thoroughly enjoyed our stay.The house is approximately 1.5KM from Carraroe Village which has a handful of shops, cafés and bars. The location is rural with beautiful quiet narrow roads and lanes, many of which lead to small sandy beaches. The landscape is classic Connemara with wild flowers in abundance during summer months.
The house has all the mod cons, plenty of hot water, good TVs, and is tastefully furnished. There were plenty of decent towels supplied. Outside there’s plenty of parking, a picnic bench, barbecue area and lawn which we used a lot.
The hosts provided many basic items, often a nuisance to purchase for a short stay, such as dishwasher tablets, salt & pepper, cooking oils etc. A particularly nice touch were the homemade scones, brown bread and bottle of wine which were left for us as a welcome – they were thoroughly enjoyed!
I would recommend this house for anyone wishing to truly get away from it all. We found it great for local walks, but also as a base for exploring local areas including Roundstone, Clifden, Kylemore and Westport. David Jul 2021
Linen & Towels are inclusive in the rental rate.
Please note that €100 security deposit is required upon arrival. As long as there are no breakages or damage to the property this will be refunded on departure.
Check-in time is strictly from 5pm onwards
Check-out time is strictly at 10am on day of departure.
Your widget will appear here.