Carraroe Townhouse, Carraroe
Ideal for Families & Couples From €240 3 nights
- All mod-cons
- Ample Parking
- BBQ area
- Beautiful Design
- Beautifully furnished - very stylish
- Fabulous walks
- Fully equipped Kitchen and large dining table
- Hair Dryer
- Highchair & Travel cot provided
- Loads of space - Perfect for Families
- Lots of natural light
- Pay as you go Wifi Dongle
- Pet Friendly
- Supermarket around the corner
- Walk to shop & Pub
This stylish town house in the centre of Carraroe epitomises contemporary boutique style accommodation. A luxurious holiday accommodation that features three double bedrooms, two bathrooms, a fully equipped kitchen and spacious living area with communal area and parking. Additionally, wi-fi, pet friendly and large flat screen TV.
Stunning townhouse situated in the heart of Carraroe with restaurants, pubs and shops on your doorstep. Pet friendly, outdoor communal bbq area, very stylishly designed throughout, ample parking and travel cot and high chair provided upon request.
Carraroe is nestled in a wild and wonderful region of western Ireland, with varied, rugged landscapes waiting to be explored by foot or bike Clifden can be reached within an hour’s drive, along with the bustling city of Galway, where you’re certain to enjoy a true taste of the wonderful West of Ireland.
Carraroe, is situated in the South of Connemara on the Coast of Galway Bay. Being one of the most important areas for promoting Irish Culture including song, dance and Irish Summer Schools.
It is very popular with other Irish – Speaking Holidaymakers. Not only is Carraroe between Casla Bay and Greatman’s Bay, but it also has the whole series of Islands composed of Lettermore, Gorumna and Lettermullen all joined by Causeway to the mainland. There is an old world atmosphere to be found here, with endless winding boreens and high granite walls leading to now silent turf quays and deserted beaches.
Stairs leading to main entrance door.
2 double bedrooms with windows allowing ample natural light. Both bedrooms have built-in wardrobes and large chest of drawers.
There is a separate shower room.
Very large open plan reception with huge windows oozing natural light.
The sitting room area has a large l-shaped couch and flat scrren TV, the dining area has a dining table seating 6. The fully equipped ktichen area has a built-in large fridge freezer, induction hot, oven and separate grill oven, microwave and dishwasher.
There is further 3 seater couch. From the kitchen area there is a stoarge cupboard housing a separate washing machine and drier.
From here you will find a further large double bedroom with 2 double beds, fitted wardrobes, large window overlooking the front of the building and a chest of drawers.
The main bathroom has a bath with shower overhead, sink and wc.
Exterior. There is ample parking, large gravelled communal area with a picnic bench and a bbq upon request.
Carraroe is set along the rugged coastline of the Wild Atlantic Way, just West of Galway City. Carraroe is Ireland’s largest Gaeltacht region, where Irish is the first language of the areas inhabitants! You might even pick up a cupla focal!
Carraroe has the best of both worlds as it close to both Connemara and Galway City so it is the ideal location if you want to tour the rugged landscape of Connemara but want to be close to Galway City for shopping and its nightlife.
- Carraroe Village has shops, pubs, eateries, a chemist and a playground
- Carraroe is only an hour’s drive (42 km) from Galway City via a stunning Atlantic Ocean sea drive, perfect opportunity to take photos of the stunning scenery! You can also take the 424 bus from Carraroe to Galway City
- Carraroe is 59 Km from Clifden Town, the Capital of Connemara
- There are lovely sheltered coves and beaches to be found in Carraroe, perfect for swimming, fishing and sunbathing. The area is most famous for its blue flag coral strand, Tra An Doilin. The beach is life guarded throughout the bathing season
- Quite little country roads, make Carraroe the perfect area for enjoying peaceful walks in the tranquil countryside
- Carraroe is your ideal base if you wish to go Island Hopping to the Aran Islands because of its close proximity to Rossaveal Harbour (8 km) where the ferries depart daily from. There is also a angling centre in Rossaveal
- Further angling opportunities are available in Carraroe at Loughaunwillin (Carraroe Lough), just North of Carraroe Village. This lake holds a big stock of wild trout
- Charter a yacht with Bees Nees Sailing Charters and spend a day on the high seas! The ample deck space and seating area means it can be chartered for a range of different activities such as fishing, snorkelling, diving, island hopping, wildlife and bird spotting to name but a few. Call 091-595036 or 087-1378390
- The Féile an Dóilín, maritime festival, takes place annually on the shores of Carraroe. The festival celebrates the regions rich maritime history and takes place every August Bank Holiday weekend
- Connemara Isles 9 Hole Golf Club is a 15 minute drive (12 km) from Carraroe. This distinctive island course offers a unique opportunity to play golf on the edge of the Atlantic Ocean while enjoying the breathtaking views of Cill Chiaráin Bay, Cnoc Leitir Móir and Cnoc Mordáin.
- Why not visit Teach an Phiarsaigh? The small cottage that was home of the 1916 Easter Rising Leader, Patrick Pearse. It is based in Rosmuc Village, 26 Km from Carraroe
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON ACTIVITIES AND EVENTS IN AND AROUND THE CONNEMARA AREA, PLEASE BROWSE THE “THINGS TO DO” SECTION ON OUR WEBSITE
“The apartment is very comfortable. A home away from home. Very spacious with all mod cons in the centre of the village. I would highly recommend.” Mary August 2017
“It is all as stated in the description of the apartment. Very nice landlady, nothing is missing in the decor, beds dreamlike, kitchen as well … Pub and supermarket within 2 minutes walking distance … there are no notable shortcomings … Thank you for a nice holiday.” Michael June 2017
“Beautiful location in a village with lovely people ! Lots of beaches and places to eat near by and the apartment was lovely modern and clean .” Lorraine April 2017
“Good location, spacious, you should not miss the coral beach ! Maura is nice and very helpful. I will surely come back” Amouss April 2017
“On the day of our arrival in Carraroe we had been warmly welcomed by our landlord. She explained the main details about the apartment (the red one). Quit nice! From the very first moment of our one-week-stay we felt comfortable with everything in- and outside the apartment – house. Even though we had been on business in Lettergunnet it was a good feeling coming ‘home’ in Carraroe. This property is absolutely recommendable!!!” Michael March 2017
“Me and my family had an excellent stay in this apartment, walking distance to shops, cafes and pubs. The apartment owners were lovely and friendly, it contained lots of facilities washing machine, dryer, cleaning items, everything you would need to stay for the week or longer.” Rita January 2017
“We spent unforgettable days in Ireland, starting with connemara. Very nice apartment, comfortable for two families with three children. Owner very friendly and helpful. Definitely to recommend.” Ciuffo August 2016
The electricity is included in the price
Linen & towels are inclusive in the rental rate.
Pay as you go Wifi Dongle.
Please note that €200 security deposit is required upon arrival. As long as there are no breakages or damage to the property this will be refunded on departure.
Check-in time is between 4pm & 6pm (If you require a later check-in time please let us know)
Check-out time is 10am on day of departure.