Terms and Conditions of Business
These Terms and Conditions of Business form the basis of your contract between the property owner and the customer. Please read carefully. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions of Business affects your normal statutory rights.
As Connemara Holiday Lettings are committed to providing the highest standards of services for all our guests, visitors are expected to keep the premises, fittings, furniture and all items within the accommodation walls and throughout the accommodation site in the same state of repair and condition for the duration of stay.
If there are any discrepancies between these Terms & Conditions of Business and Connemara Holiday Lettings website these terms will apply.
Making your booking
- When you book the property with us you should make payment for the initial deposit and booking fee.
- Your booking is made as a consumer for the purpose of a holiday and you acknowledge that no liability can be accepted for any business losses howsoever suffered or incurred by you.
- Once the Initial Deposit and Booking Fee has been received and accepted by us, we will issue you with our written confirmation by email. The contract between us will only be formed when we send you our written confirmation.
- All online bookings are provisional until you receive written confirmation and is subject to these terms and conditions.
- We reserve the right to refuse any booking prior to the issue of our written confirmation. If we do this, we will promptly refund any money you have paid to us. You should carefully check the details of our written confirmation and inform us immediately of any errors or omissions.
Paying for your booking
- You are required to send to us your payment for the balance of the rental at least eight weeks prior to the arrival date as set out in our written confirmation.
- If the full balance is not paid on time, we reserve the right to cancel your booking, in which case the deposit and booking fee will be forfeited.
- Bookings received within eight weeks before the arrival date must be paid in full.
- We may pre-authorise your credit card details for the agreed amount for the security/damage deposit to be applied against the reasonable cleaning and/or replacement of the property, furnishings, fixtures and fittings. We will not process any payment unless any deductions are necessary in accordance with the conditions listed.
- A security deposit is required at all properties. This is held against damage, breakage and loss and is refunded, less any valid charges.
- The method of payment and amount of the security deposit varies on each property. This is clearly stated on each property profile on Connemara Holiday Lettings website, third party sites & booking confirmation forms. If a deposit was paid by debit/credit card depending on your bank can take up to 10 working days to clear.
- The security deposit will be released once the property has been checked for any breakages, damages or spillages.
- Before departure, please inform us of any damage or breakages. Where there is significant damage to a property full repayment will be sought and the security deposit will be fully, or partially withheld to cover all/part of any associated costs.
- The visitor(s) is/are asked to leave the accommodation clean and tidy. We reserve the right to make a charge for extra cleaning if the accommodation is not left in a satisfactory condition.
- Some properties provide a BBQ for their guests to enjoy. If you use the BBQ, you must clean it before the end of your rental period. If you fail to clean the BBQ after use, a charge of €30 will be deducted from your security deposit.
- Connemara Holiday Lettings does not always control the security deposit therefore any dispute about damage and/or refunds must, therefore, be addressed to the owner/caretaker/keyholder.
- Please refer to the website for the accommodation rental costs.
- All rates quoted are in Euros.
- The rates on our web site are approximate and are subject to change. Before making a reservation, please reconfirm the rate with us.
- Please note that rates quoted include government tax (VAT) at the current rate of 23%
- Connemara Holiday Lettings reserves the right to amend these rates in the event of change to the rate of tax, or the introduction of any new government levy.
If you cancel or amend your booking
- If you need to cancel or amend your booking you must do so in writing by email as soon as possible. Our email address will be shown in your booking confirmation. A cancellation will not take effect until we receive written confirmation from you. If you cancel your reservation the initial booking deposit and booking fee is non-refundable.
Cancellation policy is as follows:
- 0 to 13 days prior to arrival 100% of the total amount will be forfeited by the customer
- 14 to 27 days prior to arrival 75% of the total amount will be forfeited by the customer
- 28 to 55 days prior to arrival 60% of the total amount will be forfeited by the customer
- 56 days or more prior to arrival the deposit will be forfeited by the customer
- If you have made a booking through a third-party site you will need to check their cancellation policies.
- If you cancel a booking where a voucher has been used the above terms still apply and the voucher cannot be re-used. Vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash refunds.
- Please note that cancellation fees and terms apply to fully cancelled bookings and partially cancelled bookings (for example, reducing a 14-night stay to a 7-night stay).
If we cancel or amend your booking
- We would not expect to have to make any changes to your booking, but sometimes problems occur and we have to make alterations or, very occasionally cancel bookings.
- If this does happen, we will contact you as soon as is reasonably practical and inform you of the cancellation or the change to your booking and, if it is necessary to cancel your booking, we will refund the balance of any money you have paid us.This is not applicable to cancellations due to Government restrictions.
Arrivals & Departures
- We ask guests to contact the owner/keyholder 48 hours prior to arrival to arrange key collection. If guests’ reserve on the day of arrival once you receive the key collection details, we ask you to contact the keyholder immediately to avoid delay in gaining access to the property.
- Check-in time: Arrive after 16:00 (If you arrive earlier, you will not gain access to the property). These times may be flexible subject to prior arrangement. If you are delayed or unable to check-in after 16:00 it is essential that you notify thecontact person whose details are given on the booking confirmation so that alternative arrangements can be made. If you fail to do so you may not be able to gain access to the property.
- If you fail to arrive by midday on the day after the agreed arrival date and you do not advise the contact of your anticipated late arrival, we may treat the booking as having been cancelled by you and you will forfeit the rental cost.
- Check-out time: Depart before 00 on departure day. This will allow enough time to ventilate the property between each guest and provide appropriate cleaning and sanitising measures. If guests do not leave at this time the owner may charge a fee.
- The accommodation is designed for adult and family use. Bookings will not be accepted from persons under the age of 21 or large groups of hen/stags without prior consent from the agents.
- You agree to pay for all utilities i.e., electricity, oil, fuel charges unless otherwise stated on the website or booking confirmation.
- Please note that tents and camper vans are not permitted.
- You agree to comply with the regulations that are outlined in each property
manual and any other regulations reasonably made from time to time and ensure that they are observed by all members of your party.
- You agree to keep and leave the Property and the furnishings, kitchen equipment, crockery, glasses, bedding & towels clean and in good condition.
- You agree not to cause any damage to the walls, doors or windows of the property nor to do anything that may be reasonably considered to cause a nuisance or annoyance to us or to any other occupier of adjoining or neighbouring properties.
- You agree to take all necessary steps to safeguard your personal property. No liability to you is accepted in respect of damage to or loss of such property, except where the damage or loss is caused by our negligence.
- We will not be liable for any act, neglect, or default on the part of any person nor any accident, damage, loss, injury, expense, or inconvenience whether to person or property which the guest or any other person may suffer or incur arising out of or in any way connected with the letting or resulting from any other cause whatsoever.
- We advise you to arrange your own personal insurance to cover yourselves and your personal belongings while staying at the property.
- We also advise you to ensure that each member of your party is covered by comprehensive travel insurance (including cancellation, flight delays, loss and damage to baggage and other property) and health insurance (including evacuation and repatriation coverage).
- You cannot allow more people to stay in the Property than expressly
authorised, nor can you significantly change the makeup of the party during your stay in the Property, nor can you take your pet into the Property unless it has been arranged in advance and it is shown on your confirmation. If you do so, we can refuse to hand over the property to you, or can require you to leave it. We will treat any of these circumstances as a cancellation of the booking by you.
- Where two parties arrange to confirm and book a property, the booking will be accepted by one person only. This person is responsible for all payments and any liabilities regarding damage.
- You agree to allow us or any representative of ours access at any reasonable time during your stay for the purpose of essential repairs.
- You agree to remove all used bed linen and towels from each room. To bag, seal and place at the front door upon departure to eliminate excess contact.
- Connemara Holiday Lettings operates a non-smoking policy anywhere inside the premises of the property.
Leave No Trace Policy
- Please ensure that you recycle household waste in the appropriate bins. Failure to comply will result in partial/full loss of the security deposit. Each property has recycling information, and we would ask that you adhere to this during your stay.
- To preserve and conserve our natural environment as much as possible, we operate a `Leave No Trace’ policy on site and encourage our guests to practise the principles of this policy according to the guidelines available in each property.
- Every effort has been made to ensure that you have an enjoyable and memorable holiday. If, however, you have any cause for complaint, we would ask that you allow us to rectify the issue as soon as possible and while you are in residence.
- It is essential that you contact us if any problem arises so that it can be speedily resolved. It is often extremely difficult (and sometimes impossible) to resolve difficulties properly unless we are promptly notified. Discussion of any criticisms with us whilst you are in residence will usually enable shortcomings to be rectified straightaway. In particular, complaints of a transient nature (for example, heating) cannot possibly be investigated unless registered whilst you are in residence.
- If any complaint cannot be resolved while you are in residence, please do write to us with full details as soon as possible and no later than within 28 days of your departure date.
Breach of Contract
If the guests breach these Terms and Conditions of Business the agent or the owner have the right to enter the property and terminate the booking with immediate effect without prejudice to the agent or the owner. No refund will apply.
While Connemara Holiday Lettings takes great care in the editing of property descriptions, changes take place from time to time and such changes are beyond our control. We advise you to double check amenities, facilities, utilities and other details prior to making a reservation. Locations and distances mentioned on this site are approximate.
Must be authorised in advance by the owner. Dogs are not allowed in bedrooms and/or on furniture. Please bring bedding and ensure to keep dogs in the kitchen/utility area of the property. Some properties apply a surcharge for pets. Please be mindful of livestock in the surrounding area. If there is extra cleaning, damage or soiling to the property this will be deducted from the damage/security deposit or payable upon departure.
- A service animal that is individually trained to do work or perform tasks for people with disabilities are allowed to accompany a guest during a stay and are not required to disclose the presence of a service animal before booking, however property owners may qualify for an exemption in certain circumstances such as the service animals threatening their health or safety for example where a property owner has a severe pet allergy.
- In circumstances where a property owner does not qualify for an exemption, they cannot refuse a reservation or charge an additional fee for the service animal.
- Connemara Holiday Lettings do not accept liability for any act, neglect on the part of the owners or any other person, caretaker.
- We do not accept liability for any loss, damage, accident, injury expense arriving in the connection of the rental of the property.
If for any reason your booking needs to be curtailed, altered or cancelled due to circumstances beyond your/our control that prevents, hinder or delay the ability for your booking to be released (for example fire, flood, exceptional weather or environmental conditions, issues regarding water/electrical supplies, pandemics, epidemics, riots, acts of government, terrorism, earthquakes, war destruction/damage to the property or any other “force majeure” that is beyond the control of the customer and/or supplier), you will be offered a credit voucher. We will provide a credit voucher which can be off-set against the same property that was originally booked which is valid up to one year, or you can amend free of charge within the same property that was originally booked, subject to availability. Rates vary depending on time of year. You may be eligible for a refund through Travel Insurance policies. All policies differ, so please contact your travel insurer for more details
Have any questions? Get in touch today!
Treat someone special to a Connemara Holiday Lettings Gift Voucher!
Buy a Voucher online today –
You can download immediately and send it to the person you're buying it for, or send straight to them by email...
Choose from our selection or even upload your own image!
Our gift vouchers are suitable for many occasions from Christmas to birthdays, Easter, Summer and Autumn breaks...
or just as a nice way to say "Thank you" to that special someone.