These Booking Conditions form the basis of your contract with us so please read them carefully. Nothing in these Booking Conditions affects your normal statutory rights. Receipt of any monies and/or booking forms constitutes acceptance of all current booking conditions.
1. Making your booking
When you book the Property with us you should make payment for the Initial Deposit.
Your booking is made as a consumer for the purpose of a holiday and you acknowledge that no liability can be accepted for any business losses howsoever suffered or incurred by you.
Once the Initial Deposit has been received and accepted by us, we will issue you with our written confirmation by email. The contract between us will only be formed when we send you our written confirmation, all online bookings are provisional until you receive written confirmation and is subject to these terms and conditions. We reserve the right to refuse any booking prior to the issue of our written confirmation. If we do this we will promptly refund any money you have paid to us.
You should carefully check the details of our written confirmation and inform us immediately of any errors or omissions.
2. Paying for your booking
You are required to send to us your payment for the balance of the Rental at least four weeks prior to the Arrival Date as set out in our written confirmation. If you fail to make a payment due to us in full and on time we may treat your booking as cancelled by you.
We may pre-authorise your credit card details for the agreed amount for the Security Deposit to be applied against the reasonable cleaning and/or replacement of the property, furnishings, fixtures and fittings. We will not process any payment unless any deductions are necessary in accordance with the conditions listed above.
3. Damage Security Deposits
A security deposit is required at all properties. This is held against damage, breakage and loss and is refunded, less any valid charges.
The method of payment and amount of the security deposit varies on each property. This is clearly stated on each property profile on Connemara Holiday Lettings website & Booking Confirmation Forms.
Method of payment:
Payment may vary depending on each property ie cash upon arrival given to the property manager or pre-authorisation of your debit/credit card/paypal prior to arrival. In cases of pre-authorisation of credit/debit cards this will automatically be pre-authorised 2 to 3 days prior to your arrival. Please note that the card that was used to place your booking will be used for the pre-authorisation. As long as there are no damages/spillages to the holiday home the security deposit will be refunded upon day of departure, if paid in cash. If a deposit was paid by debit/credit card this is then released after departure and depending on your bank can take upto 10 working days to clear.
Where damage or loss exceeds the security deposit the balance will be payable by either cash or debited to your credit card. Guests are requested to leave self-catering properties clean on departure. Due to COVID-19 and to reduce the spread of the virus we ask that guests place all used linen and towels in a sealed plastic bag upon departure – otherwise a final cleaning/linen charge will be requested or deducted from the security deposit. Any damage or loss that is not made good before departure will be debited to your credit card or must be paid to the property manager upon departure.
Connemara Holiday Lettings does not always control the security deposit therefore any dispute about damage and/or refunds must, therefore, be addressed to the appropriate person.
Please refer to the current price list for details of accommodation rental costs. Unless stated otherwise, all rates quoted are in Euros. The rates on our web site are approximate and are subject to change. Before making a reservation please reconfirm the rate with us.
5. If you cancel or amend your booking
If you need to cancel or amend your booking you must telephone us on the number shown on our written confirmation as soon as possible.
You will also be required to confirm your cancellation in writing or by email to the addresses shown on our written confirmation. A cancellation will not take effect until we receive written confirmation from you.
If you cancel your booking more than eight weeks prior to the Arrival Date, we will retain the Initial Deposit along with an administration fee of €50.00 (this fee can be higher if you booked through a third-party site).
If you cancel your booking less than eight weeks prior to the Arrival Date, we reserve the right to retain the Initial Deposit and the Rental. (In these circumstances if we are able to secure an alternative booking for the Property, we will refund the rental less an administration fee of €50.00 along with any costs incurred by Connemara Holiday Lettings).
5(A). Connemara Holiday Lettings Covid-19 policy:
- If you reserved your holiday prior to 14 March 2020 and are due to travel upto and including 28 June 2020 you can amend your dates free of charge within the same property, subject to availability (any increase in rental rate will be charged).You must give Connemara Holiday Lettings at least 72 hours notice prior to amending your arrival date.
- We are not accepting any new bookings from 27 March 2020 upto 28 June 2020
- If you wish to reserve a holiday home after 28 June 2020 and the Government issue further travel restrictions within the Country at the time of your due date of arrival, then you will be entitled to a free deferral date or a credit voucher minus the €35 booking fee otherwise our normal Terms & Conditions apply.
- If your reservation is on a date/to a destination that the government has issued a travel warning for, then you may be eligible for a refund for some of your holiday cost through Travel Insurance policies that include Travel Disruption Cover and do not exclude Covid-19. All policies differ, so please contact your travel insurer for more details on your coverage.
- If you purchased travel insurance with Booking Protect please click on the link to their guidance on how refunds will be handled https://bookingprotect.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Coronavirus-Guidance.pdf
- If you booked through another travel agent such as Booking.com, Airbnb, TripAdvisor or HomeAway please contact them directly to check their Booking Conditions on cancellations/amendments.
Please see below some advice from government agencies however, please be aware that this is a continuously changing situation.
6. If we cancel or amend your booking
We would not expect to have to make any changes to your booking, but sometimes problems occur and we do have to make alterations or, very occasionally cancel bookings.
If this does happen, we will contact you as soon as is reasonably practical and inform you of the cancellation or the change to your booking and, if it is necessary to cancel your booking, we will refund the balance of any money you have paid us.
7. Arrivals & Departures
Due to COVID-19, we ask guests to:-
Contact the owner/housekeeper/keyholder 48 hours prior to arrival to arrange key collection.
Arrive strictly after 17:00 (If you arrive earlier, you will not gain access to the property).
Depart strictly before 10.00 on departure day. This will allow enough time to ventilate the property between each guest and provide appropriate cleaning and sanitising measures. If guests do not leave at this time the owner may charge a fee.
If you are delayed or unable to check-in after 17:00 it is essential that you notify the contact person whose details are given on our booking confirmation so that alternative arrangements can be made. If you fail to do so you may not be able to gain access to the Property. If you fail to arrive by midday on the day after the agreed Arrival Date and you do not advise the contact of your anticipated late arrival we may treat the booking as having been cancelled by you and you will forfeit the rental cost.
8. Your obligations
You agree to comply with the regulations that are outlined in each property manual and any other regulations reasonably made from time to time and ensure that they are observed by all members of your party.
You agree to keep and leave the Property and the furnishings, kitchen equipment, crockery, glasses, bedding & towels clean and in good condition.
You agree not to cause any damage to the walls, doors or windows of the Property nor to do anything that may be reasonably considered to cause a nuisance or annoyance to us or to any other occupier of adjoining or neighbouring properties.
You agree to take all necessary steps to safeguard your personal property. No liability to you is accepted in respect of damage to or loss of such property, except where the damage or loss is caused by our negligence.
You agree to ensure that each member of your party is covered by comprehensive travel insurance (including cancellation, flight delays, loss and damage to baggage and other property) and health insurance (including evacuation and repatriation coverage).
You cannot allow more people to stay in the Property than expressly authorised, nor can you significantly change the makeup of the party during your stay in the Property, nor can you take your pet into the Property unless it has been arranged in advance and it is shown on your confirmation. If you do so, we can refuse to hand over the Property to you, or can require you to leave it. We will treat any of these circumstances as a cancellation of the booking by you.
You agree to allow us or any representative of ours access at any reasonable time during your stay for the purpose of essential repairs.
You agree to remove all used bed linen and towels from each room. To bag, seal and place at the front door upon departure to eliminate excess contact.
Every effort has been made to ensure that you have an enjoyable and memorable holiday. If however, you have any cause for complaint it is important that remedial action is taken as soon as possible.
It is essential that you contact us if any problem arises so that it can be speedily resolved. It is often extremely difficult (and sometimes impossible) to resolve difficulties properly unless we are promptly notified. Discussion of any criticisms with us whilst you are in residence will usually enable shortcomings to be rectified straightaway. In particular, complaints of a transient nature (for example, regarding preparation or heating of the Property) cannot possibly be investigated unless registered whilst you are in residence.
If any complaint cannot be resolved during your holiday, you must write to us with full details within 28 days of the end of it.
10. Property Description
While Connemara Holiday Lettings takes great care in the editing of property descriptions, changes take place from time to time and such changes are beyond our control. We advise you to double check amenities, facilities, utilities and other details prior to making a reservation.
Locations and distances mentioned on this site are approximate.
A few properties will accept dogs but this must be authorised in advance by the owner. Dogs are not allowed in bedrooms and/or on furniture. Please bring bedding and ensure to keep in the kitchen/utility area of the property. Some properties apply a surcharge for pets. Please be mindful of livestock in the surrounding area.
We would like to reassure you that we are committed to making every effort to protect our guests, employees and owners. A safe and clean property is our priority, therefore, we have re-evaluated our cleaning procedures and taken measures to clean and disinfect each holiday home to reduce the spread of the Covid-19 outbreaks.
Each holiday home is individually owned and each holiday home is dependent on the owner or their caretaker to clean the property. All our owners have been provided with Failte Ireland housekeeping requirements. The guidelines provide comprehensive advice on re-opening with an emphasis placed on the safety and wellbeing of employers, employees and guests, however, please note that owners/housekeepers can only do what is “reasonable”.
Owners & guests will want to reduce their risk of infection by social distancing. We will aim to keep any contact to a minimum and this can be achieved as follows:
- Some owners provide a key lock (lock box) at the property or will offer a self check-in and check-out service.
- The owner will ensure that guests have all relevant information that they need ahead of their arrival. If you have any questions prior to arrival please contact the owner directly.
- The owner will provide helpful information for guests via email or phone, including:
- Helpful numbers and contacts;
- Guidance in case a guest shows COVID-19 symptoms
- Local walks / attractions that are open for use under social distancing rules
- Appliance instructions
- Heating instructions
- In order to comply with social distancing rules, only essential maintenance should be undertaken during a guest stay. If maintenance works needs to be carried out please ensure that the property is unoccupied during this time.
- Welcome packs may not be provided.
- There is a requirement for each guest to be ‘self-responsible’ and we will suggest that if they so wish to pack additional cleaning products, wipes, sanitisers, soap etc and can bring their own linen & towels.
- We ask all guests to remove all used bed linen & towels from each room. Please bag, seal and place at the front door upon departure to eliminate excess contact.
- Some visitor’s attractions, restaurants, pubs, shops, art galleries, craft shops etc may not be open during their stay and this is not something Connemara Holiday Lettings or the owner of the holiday home can control and is not a justification to cancel and obtain a refund.
We cannot provide any guarantees that a holiday home is free of COVID-19.
If you or any of your party are showing any symptoms of COVID-19 you must not travel to the area or to the holiday home.
What to do if you or members of your party develops or arrives with COVID-19 symptoms
- If guests arrive at a property with symptoms of COVID-19 they will be advised to return home and self-isolate in accordance with current Government guidance.
- If guests have acute breathing difficulties call 999.
- It is understood that if anyone staying in the property contracts the virus all guests must return home immediately, self isolate in accordance with current Government guidance and inform the owner/manager of the property, in the case of an emergency call 999.